- If you plan to finance your home purchase, start the mortgage loan process well in advance. You’ll need to be pre-qualified and lender approved before you start the bidding process.
- Investigate home loans that best suit your needs. Discuss your options with a financial institution and/or mortgage company to find out what types of loans are available and current mortgage rates.
- If you are a first time or VA home buyer you may qualify for mortgage programs with little or no money down, low interest rates or programs that offer down payment assistance.
- When you have settled on a type of loan and a loan institution, get lender qualified and request a pre-approval letter. In order to get qualified, a loan officer will need to review your credit, assets and debts and determine how much home you can afford. This will determine your price range and help narrow down the potential neighborhoods you’re interested in.
- Having a lower debt and a good credit history will be helpful in getting a better loan and rate. You may wish to discuss with your financial institution the many ways to improve your credit score and how to get an even better rate. If you believe your credit score could be better, contact us for options.
- When you have your pre-approval letter email us a copy immediately – email@example.com.
- Threets & Associates has several Preferred Lenders to get you pre-approved. Contact us for details on how to reduce your out of pocket expense on the purchase of your next home.